Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Jace's Poems - See if you can guess what the subject is?

3 Poems

I’m in a world all my own
Where fairy tale creatures live and breathe
Holy warriors, and ominous villains, even a few kooky friends
Long roads that eat their own tails, with fast cars rubbing their spines
Leagues of warriors eager to fight
Even some things that bump in the night
All of this I can choose from one spot
My own escape from the ordinary, and bland
With my controller in hand I prepare for it all
Sitting there with my head in the clouds.

I wait as eager as a child on Christmas morning
We go here, and there, and everywhere
Must find the perfect one
Four days its been since we started this hunt
And yet no luck
Too many miles or too high a price
And then one day all that changes
As I see the one that is all I need
Its my own Eleanor, you see
I can’t wait to see how she handles a race.

Got to get up, got to get going
Bags are heavy laden with goodies
Not too hot yet not to cold
We leave at sun up for the crack in the ground
Oh, the trails we will climb
My father and I love this sort of thing.
All the little animals making sweet songs
The ups, the downs, even the turn-arounds
In the most beautiful of National parksZion’s National Park.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Poem # 1 is about a vido-game of some type

Poem #2 is about his car. . .named Eleanor????

Poem #3 is about hiking and taking photos with Dad!

Jace, YOU ROCK!! I love some good poetry and you are awesome! Keep writing!

Natasha