Friday, August 25, 2006

Local highway conditions are a JOY...



We live at in Arizona about three blocks from a freeway entrance. Getting to work in the mornings is usually a breeze. Jay and I carpool together, allowing for us to chat and laugh all the way to work. Coming home the other day, we saw the dreaded yellow cones.... Numerous yellow cones at the entrance to our offramp. Your blood pressure starts to rise, your breath becomes paniced..... I mean, I live on the other side of that offramp. There is no signs, no workers, no traffic on the offramp. How am I going to get home? I have to go to the next one, that is too far. I can't make it from there. What am I going to do?

We thought it was a fluke. Then the next morning, the on ramp to the freeway was also closed, same cones, same lack of activity, same blood pressure. hee hee hee...

Now there is a sign across the road just before the last exit prior to ours... Our offramp will be closed for a month! Nice of us to know, nice to tell us and every other traveler that takes our ramp. Now it takes us 10 extra minutes to get to and from work everyday. As Jaron would say, if we could apparate... we would be there already.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

i'm a HUGE fan of apparating!
we should be able to :-)
sorry about the traffic. I hate traffic incidents!
nhb