Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January

I haven't added to my blog in a long time, not that we didn't do anything but I always want to add pictures so I think I will wait until I get home. But on getting home, the last thing I want to do is work on the computer so hence, no updates. See the terrible cycle there!!!!

As for us, we had a wonderful Christmas with Greg, Natasha and Gavin here. It was so hard to see them leave. Everyone was home and being lazy this year. Gavin is such a doll and loved all the space. He didn't even cause any ruckus in an un-baby-proofed house. For New Years Eve Jay and I went to the Tempe Town Lake block party. We only stayed until about 10:00 when all the bowl game attendees started showing up. After that we went home to ring in the New Year with our boys. It was fun though. I think jay and I are getting used to hanging out as a couple again.

Last week Jay and I were in Virginia. Jay had an interview with a company starting light rail in Norfolk. I don't think anything will come of the interview, I really think it is too small of a system but we did have a great weekend together. We watched the new "National Treasure" movie at the Commodore theater in Portsmouth Virginia. It is one of the oldest working Art Deco dinner theaters and right next to Trinity Church. We went to the Jamestown Settlement, learned a lot about Pocahontas, John Smith, (she was only 12 when she met John Smith... No real love story). We also went to Colonial Williamsburg and toured all the Revolutionary war battlefields at Yorktown. Both Jay and I had been there before but not together. It was so fun to just spend time together. (Word to the wise.... It is so worth seeing all that history but avoid the wintertime. They don't do all the reenactments in the winter like they do in the summer.)

As for the boys, Jaron is back in school but Jace is still at home. He has worked out a medical leave from college for a few months while we work with his Neurologist in AZ to get his Migraine under control. Don't know what his plans are after that but that is the great thing about him being 19. I don't have to make them for him.... hee hee hee.

Tonight our Mutual age teens are all going to Jay's work to ride the train and tour the rail facility. Jay gets to play tour guide. I think it is hilarious but don't tell Jay that... He might just slap me!

No comments: