Saturday, August 23, 2008

Salsa!

Jay and I like salsa. We have been making salsa for years. In Utah we would wait until the tomatoes come on the end of September and make at least 30 pints of canned salsa. Since we have moved to Arizona getting tomatoes by the bushel is very difficult. Therefore we are stuck with making fresh salsa by the batch. I love Jay's salsa and the fresh uncooked is so good. It is different than what we used to can but is still delicious. The only problem, I am allergic to fresh tomatoes. As I sit here looking at the big batch of salsa Jay is making I know I will eat a good amount of it and end up with a mouth full of cancors for it...... Ok, there are two problems, I also have no self control when it comes to Jay's salsa. I could eat the whole batch before the kids get back from shopping. I better not or they might throw me in the pool.

Salsa always reminds me of Fall in Utah. The cool crisp air, smell of falling leaves on the ground, and the frequent breeze blowing through Pleasant Grove. In Arizona we can have salsa all year round but it isn't the same. Makes me kind of home sick.

As for what's going on.... Jay just got back from San Francisco for business and will be heading out for Portland Oregon in the next week. At least they are only day trips or over a single night. Jace starts college back up this week. He is only taking the standard English, Math type classes with the exception of Japanese. He is really excited for that class. Got to take something fun to make it through each semester.

4 comments:

goldmania said...

Sounds yummy. Maybe you should share a great recipe!

Heidi said...

OK so now you need to come up and make salsa! We try or should I say Debbie tries, and its not quite the same! Good but not the same!
Jace is taking Japanese thats cool is it a launguae class or a study the culture kind of class! He could major in Japanese and then work for Jay. Of course that part of Jays job is over I think!

Anonymous said...

I just went pricing tomatoes to can some salsa - $20 a box... ouch!!! I tried making the fresh salsa, but forgot something. It just wasn't as good as Jay's. I'll have to come down and visit just so I can sneak a peak at the secret recipe again...hee, hee, hee. ;)
Anita

wendy said...

Yes, I have been reading your blog on occasion. I love the salsa you guys make. I bottle it every year. Friends of mine love it to and want to bottle with me so they can have some of it. I'm sorry you are home sick, maybe you can come and visit for a while,(We have plenty of room). That is if you can handle to little ones. Glad to here college is on going. Keep up the good work.
Wendy L.