Monday, November 21, 2011

Age before Beauty!

As we reach a certain age things change.... Of course the horrible part is I am completely sure that Jay and I have not reached that age yet. Jay is on a real health kick right now. But then he is a very bright man. He is also on two permanent medications, with one additional for allergies he insists he doesn't have. What can we say, we have reached that age. My health is the same but I live in Denial land. I know my arthritis is flairing, my blood pressure is up, and my thyroid is off. I know it, but I avoid it too. Even my dog is at that certain age. This week he started a permanent therapy to keep him comfortable for as long as possible. He is getting older now. It is fun having an older dog because he is so easy to handle. Do you think there is some therapy to keep me comfortable for as long as possible?

As for beauty, I cut off all my hair this week too. I got so tired of dealing with it that I got a new short hairstyle. I like it but it is really different. Of course, the first thing that happened when I came home was Jaron did a double take and walked into the side of the couch. The couch has been the same place for months. Jace came in and his eyes got really big, then he said, "good afternoon grandma." He thought I looked like my mom. I do look a lot like my mother with my hair this short. It will take some getting used to.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Okay, you can't tell us about making that big of a change without pictures. Does Jace remember Mom? Do you have the gray in front?