Friday, September 07, 2007

Open Enrollment!

I work at a large insurance provider in the sales depatment. It is a big change from working in the Computer industry for years. But the biggest changes happen in dealing with Open Enrollment. Open Enrollment to me has always meant, sitting through the meeting, and having to pick my own benefit options. But now it means preparing for the onslaught of phone calls to help others pick their benefits. And when I mean onslaught, I am not kidding. We go from 7000 calls a month to closer to 30,000 calls. We go from handling all calls ourselves to utilizing 3 vendors to help qualify the calls, handle outbound calling, and just plain sale. Because of my job I do most of the ramp up work. I am so busy I don't even have time to blog effectively, and if I do have time in the evening - I just don't have the energy. Without energy I am not doing much to report anyway so life goes on! It is a vicious cycle caused by "Open Enrollment". Now I understand why it is called enrollment..... En = End of my energy..... Roll = roll over and start again.... Men = causing more problems than they are worth.... t = trapped until it is all over!!!!!

No comments: