Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Weather, Whether, Nether.....

I am tired of being cold.... I moved to Arizona for a reason and finding frost on the car windows the last two mornings was not it! Of course, in Utah it is still snowing a lot so I shouldn't complain. It could be worse... My fingers, ankles, and wrists are stiff and sore here. Just imagine what they would be like there. Jay even wore a suit jacket to work this morning.

I know my kids are teenagers but it just hit me how close they are to grown. my nephew Cameron and neice Kaycee are getting married (Not to each other, don't panic!!!!) That means that I could conceivable be a great aunt in a couple years! A great aunt!!!! That makes me feel ancient. I remember when Cameron (my first nephew) was a newborn. With 5 aunts he was spoiled rotten you can be sure.... And Kaycee wasn't much far behind being the first niece. (Heidi, that is your fault entirely!) But still, I can't be a great aunt soon..... Can I? When I mentioned it to Jay he did have to remind me that I have been a great aunt for at least the last 10 years! Oopsss... I guess I can.

Jace is dating more often now. The new thing for dating in Arizona is to go out to dinner, and then play video games. Especially Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution.... Any of those that require a little movement out the participant. At first I thought it was funny but you know, that isn't a bad idea.... People like to move, they like the music, but they are also able to communicate with each other while doing it. I was kind of impressed with the kids to come up with it.

2 comments:

Greg's Life said...

It is wierd to think that my kids could be close to the same age as my great neice or nephew.

I am way to young to be a great uncle.

Natasha said...

i'm glad Jace is getting into the Dating scene. I need to try Guitar Hero. . .everyone but me seems to be doing it!