Friday, October 27, 2006

Electronics, Smasheronics!!!! Dinner Parties.

Ok, I have tried for 4 days to get a picture of our kitchen out on this blog. I took a picture with our great digital camera, then I took a picture with our semi-great digital camera. But I can't seem to get either to attach to the computer now... It is my main computer that has my picture folder... I just burn it too disk after a time but leave the pictures there as well. I can see the camera attach, even explore it using windows explorer but no pictures show up. I do see the pictures when I view the card in the camera.... I haven't tried troubleshooting it yet.... Don't want to !!! It is just supposed to work.... It should be like Magic.... Don't want to think about it, don't want to work at it....

But needless to say, no pictures.... yet!!!!

We had a friend of Jay's over to dinner last night... It was nice dinner, very relaxing but Jay and I got on the conversation of what kind of dinner parties do we throw. A lot of you have been to our house so you know how we are. We invite people over and they are immediately family. We don't usually change who we are by someone being in our home. I don't usually do up myself into a petticoat and pearls. We don't have soft music, soft lights, or formal dinnerware... We don't wear cutt off's, eat off of paper plates, or play hard rock either.. We are kind of in between....

Dinner at our house usually goes like this.. We have linen napkins, and lite candles. We are still cooking when you get there but soft music is playing. We hang out in the kitchen, but eat around the table. After dinner, guests don't do dishes but the boys and I do. We watch a ballgame or a movie after dinner.... Just a quiet dinner at home, with everyone part of the family. May not fall into the Better Homes and Gardens dinner party but I like it.

No comments: