Monday, October 09, 2006

Mondays!


Mondays are always a pleasure but especially brutal after a wonderful vacation weekend. I went to Utah this last weekend. Traveling alone is interesting because I miss Jay and the boys from the moment I walk into the airport. Going to Utah is exciting because I am going to visit friends and family. But I am still leaving my home and family behind. It is a quandary....

.... However, the trip to Utah was wonderful. The fall leaves are just starting to change, and it is colder than I thought. Of course, everyone there will tell you it is only cold to me. We went to a football game in the rain. And I mean it rained.... We wore coats, hoodies, poncho's, blankets, and still got soaked through. The boys were playing in mud, sliding 2 yards with each play. It could have been fun if they were winning and if it wasn't the last home game for the seniors. It can be a sad passage for someone who has loved the game, the school, the time of his life. We meet these times of our lives with anticipation of the future but also fond sadness at the farewell.

Saturday we made 158 quarts of tomato juice. Did I mention I hate tomatoes? I loved the activity, the time spent, but mostly the family and friends. If you have to do something big, there is nothing better than doing with those you love.

While I was gone Jay worked on the house... Did I mention we are remodeling the kitchen? The problem with a remodel is that as you get something replaced, something else doesn't fit. A case in point. We replaced the countertops and kitchen sink, but then the faucett doesn't fit (it is brand new). We replace the faucett and the disposal also has the wrong connections.... It just goes on from there. When you start to see the new beautiful kitchen, then the rest of the house looks shabby and needs updating... it is a vicious cycle of which Home Improvement Centers are making millions from....

No comments: