Monday, October 30, 2006

Sewing for Halloween!

I like to sew. I have been sewing for so long I just don't even think about it anymore. But I only sew costumes, and household items. I hate sewing clothes. Clothes are hard because you have to be a tailor. That takes too much time. Costumes are easy because you are only going to be wearing them once, and you haven't got a pattern you have to match.

Jace's costume was different this year. He is going to school for Halloween as Edward Elrich from the Japanese Anime Comic "Full Metal Alchemist". The costume was fun to make because it is all just black clothes with the exception of a bolero jacket and a hooded cloak. Jace helped me make it and we both think it turned out kind of cool. The funny thing is... Sewing is fun, but spending time with Jace working on it was my favorite part. I like to see the pride in his face to know that he helped sew most of it and he painted the emblem on the back.

I know he will wear this one more than once but that is just because he is proud of it. He accomplished something making this costume. He learned to sew too.

No comments: