Monday, June 18, 2007

USU Bound!



Last week the boys and I made the trek to good ole' Utah. We left on Saturday, June 9th because Jace had to be in Logan for the Freshman "Outdoor SOAR" program on Monday, June 11th. (Don't know what the acronym SOAR stands for, you will have to ask Jace.) It was an easygoing trip although I missed Jay going with me. I don't know why but for some reason I really wanted him to go. He stayed home and babysat the dog instead.

Jace had a great time at SOAR. He spent 3 days at Bear Lake and then one day on campus at USU. He got all registered for class and mom/dad received the sticker shock that comes with the bill! :) I was just glad he had a good time. He is so excited about being on his own: his own man, the big cahuna, independent! I think he is counting down the days. After registering though, he realized that with this independence still comes CLASSES! Like English, Math, Social Sciences.... Now who needs all that.

It was fun to see Logan again, well, what I was able to see of it in the short time I was there. It hasn't changed much since Greg was in school there but Wellsville looks a lot different. And of course, Sardine canyon is the same. I got a speeding ticket in Mantua. I didn't notice that they slow you down through that sleepy little town and was pulled over. I haven't got many tickets but it was my fault so I just told the police man "thank you" as he handed me the ticket. He looked at me with a smile and said, "Don't thank me for giving you a citation!".... I had to laugh. I won't forget to slow down through the little sleepy town in Sardine Canyon again.

Jaron spent the week in Utah with his friends there. He spent most of the time with Winters but saw all the boys in the old neighborhood when they were collecting flags for "Flag Day" with the scouts. It is always interesting to see the reaction when people see how grown up Jaron has become. In some ways people expect him to be more grown up than he is because of his size, but he is just Jaron.

We came home from Utah on Saturday June 16, 2007. We had to be home in time for Fathers Day......

No comments: