Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Family Visits

Sorry I haven't posted for so long. I kept meaning to but wanted to have pictures. Didn't get the pictures yet so I just decided to post anyway. I love having family visit. It creates a funny dynamic around my house though because Jay isn't a crowd/party/company person. He does it because he loves me.

Anyway, April, Heidi, and Debbie all came down last weekend to visit us in Arizona. April arrived on Wednesday to relax before Heidi and Debbie arrived. We didn't do much but relax. I did my normal house stuff, taking care of family, cleaning, etc. and got to lounge by the pool and read with her a little bit. But we had rain. And I mean heavy Arizona rain. So we spent a lot of time indoors too. Heidi and Debbie arrived on Friday morning. Their plane was a little late but since I had taken the day off it wasn't a problem for me. It was hilarious to hear about Heidi's first experience flying. I can just see it now. You will have to ask her to get the particulars but I have been on many flights with people who reacted exactly the same on their first flight.

After they arrived the girls all went to lunch for a Caesar Salad Pizza (A little different but I love them) and then went to get a deluxe pedicure. I wonder what the salon employees thought seeing all four of us traipsing in to get pedicures. It was fun though and relaxing. After the pedicure we went home and started watching some of the old video clips from when our kids were little. Arguments would ensue about who was doing what at the time, who had the biggest hair, where so and so was. I loved it. After Jay got home we stopped at in-n-out burger (Debbie had to have one while she was there) and then went to get a massage. Getting a massage is an interesting experience for our family. I think it is a family trait anyway. You feel a little uncomfortable with the human contact but boy, do we want the massage. Arizona law requires we are all in individual rooms though so we didn't have to experience the others in the same position.

Saturday we had planned to attend a Spring training game. Well, Jay's University of Utah Alumni association was all going to a game together so Jay and I had to go. The girls decided to tag along. Before the game Jay had to work, as they were doing a test on the trains so the girls and I decided to color Debbie's hair. Since I was coloring Debbie's hair I told Jace I would finally take care of his hair at the same time (he has wanted to go back blonde for a while now.) Debbie's hair turned out really pretty. It looked like it did when she was young, a strawberry blonde with a few highlights in it. Next time I think we will add more highlights though. The funny thing is Jace's hair turned out the same color. His hair is difficult to color so when we tried for blonde it lightened to a soft red. (At least it wasn't orange again.) When Debbie and Jace sat together in the sun it looks exactly the same color. Jace has decided to leave it for a few days but I think he will eventually finish pulling it to blonde. After the hair episode we went to the Angels and Rockies game. The game was kind of boring, being a blowout for the Rockies but I like to people watch and the girls got to sit in the sun. It was kind of funny to see the three of them with their books reading while everyone watched the game.

Sunday we took the boat out to Canyon lake. Before we got to the lake though we stopped at the Mesa Marketplace Swap Meet. The girls did some shopping for souvenirs while Jay and I worried about the truck and boat being towed (since we were taking about 8 parking spaces). When we finally got to the lake we just took the boat all over and then floated. I was reading most of the time because Debbie and I like the same books. I bought a book on Saturday we both wanted to read. She was going to take the book with her so I had to be finished before Monday. I ended up finished Sunday afternoon. I love the sun, the waves, it was kind of quiet on the lake this weekend. It was just peaceful and relaxing, exactly what the girls came to Arizona for.

Monday everyone had to leave and I have to say it was sad for me. I like the company even as I like having my space back. We did laugh a lot while they were here. The pool was all torn up and the yard was a mess, but we did have fun. I hope they had as much fun as I did.

1 comment:

debbie said...

I had a wonderful time. It was great to just be sisters again. We will definately be doing it again. Maybe we should plan a weekend in Vegas, using the time share, so you can relax as well. Thank you again and I will send you the pictures. Sorry, I forgot about them.