Sunday, March 11, 2007

Wonders of Weekends!

Another weekend come and gone, why do they go so fast? We didn't have much planned other than taking out the boat for the weekend. We didn't end up going as that morning the wind was blowing. I don't like to take the boat out on windy days. The waves kick up and the boat gets knocked around a lot. It makes it less enjoyable to just sit and float. Isn't it comical? It has been beautiful all week, into the 90's and then the weekend is cooler and the wind blows. So sad!

Jay and I did go to another spring training game. I learned what split squad means as the Padres only had a 1/2 team present. Of course, that is still enough players but you don't get to see the whole team. We did see the full cubs squad though and with the great seats we had, up close and personal. I just loved sitting in the sun for a few hours. It actually got hot.

The only disadvantage to sitting in the sun, I woke up this morning with a rash. Now, before you get the wrong idea, I have always been allergic to the sun. That means when I get too much sun, especially the first sun of the season, I get a rash. I am not sure that is why I got this one but it could be as the rash is only on my arms. It is definiately allergy season here. Arizona is interesting when it comes to allergies. Everyone always told us you don't get allergies in Arizona. It is too dry. But people have moved here for years to get away from allergies and pollen, but they miss their favorite plants/trees. So what do we do, we plant them here. Needless to say, all the same pollen and allergies we were trying to get away from are here as well. For example, our backyard is considered tropical. I don't think the Arizona desert would normally be considered tropical. At least we don't have cottonwoods. The seeds from cottonwoods puts my allergies at their worst. Always look on the bright side, right?

No comments: