Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Cheating Deliciously



I couldn't get the correct picture but this is close... I promised the boys that we would go out to Chili's while their Dad was gone. Tonight we decided to go. I had my usual salad but did a little cheating on my diet... And it was wonderful!!!! Chocolate cake, fudge topping, caramel topping, and vanilla ice cream. You see, Jace wanted dessert but didn't want to eat it all himself. I could share a little bit...

One bite and I realized I haven't had chocolate, real chocolate, since early november! All in all, it was one of the nicest things Jace has ever shared with me.

I also decided that I needed that dinner tonight... Yes, I had to walk extra long on the treadmill tonight but I think it gave me renewed resolve to continue this diet. It is hard to change a habit, or a lifetime of them. However, I am determined to live the next 20 years in the best possible health I can... I told Jay that for mothers day we will be going back to Chili's, just for dessert!~ Something to look forward too - only 3 months away.

Talk about a good night! I also got my nails done and one of the best pedicures I have had in a long time. They used hot black rocks during the massage portion of the pedicure. I haven't ever experienced that but it really did feel good. I could have fallen asleep in that chair!

1 comment:

debbie said...

By the way that is my favorite dessert too. I also think a pedicure is a great idea when we come down next month.