Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Projects!

I like projects! Always have. My latest though has turned out to be a bigger project than I had planned. We didn't own a video camera when Jace was little but we used to rent a video recorder each christmas. The videos at this time were very grainy, hard to see, and usually boring because it was hours of Jace doing what a baby does! When Jace was 4 we finally bought our own but we only have 13 tapes full. I always worry about the tapes stretching or getting broken so my current project was born. I am transferring all these tapes to DVD.

When I started transferring these I realized how many clips I have that other people might like to have. So, I did a little research and started breaking out clips for friends and family. I have now been working on this for 2 weeks. I am only through 8 tapes. Well 8 Hi8 tapes, and 3 VHS tapes. You know, it has been fun to watch the kids grow up again. Jay and I watched the early videos all weekend while they were being transferred to DVD. Jaron and Jace were such sweet little kids. Jace has always been more studious, quiet, and structured. Jaron has always been a little comic, happy go lucky, funny boy. It is easy to forget how lucky we have been with the two great kids we have, especially now that they are teenagers. But they are so cute... then and now, if I don't say so myself.

No comments: