Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day, ALL!


Today is valentines day! I love holidays but since my oldest son was about 3 years old, Valentines has been a childrens holiday. I have a ball preparing cards and candy for all their little friends. But this year, our boys are both teenagers... Hence, no cards, or candy for all their little friends. Jay and I wished each other a great day, provided a little PDA for the boys, and went about the day. We go out to dinner just the two of us but we really don't need a scheduled day to celebrate what we have. But I miss the activity of the day so everything was only the same until they all came home from school and work!


I decided since I don't have a bunch of kids to provide valentines for, I will just provide big valentines for my favorite kids! All THREE of them. Making the valentines proved to take a few tries as they just kept growing and growing until they escaped the pan in the oven. Luckily I made a lot of extra dough. The final results were much more than I had planned on handling. Take a look:




Jay's isn't frosted because I am thinking of his health. Didn't want him to have too much sugar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow those are big.............and no frosting. thats harsh! I miss your funny family and Jays quirky ways!

Hope you had a good one!