Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day!

Sorry in advance, this could be long today. Historically Mothers day isn't a good day for me. My brother says that it and Fathers Day, Valentines, etc. are days created by card companies to sell more cards. Whatever the case is, I don't need someone to set a day for me to remind my family that they love me. My family shows me their love, affection, and appreciation every day. Mothers' day can cause to much pressure. Everyone has the day here and there when they don't feel like making a big breakfast, cleaning the house, having a big dinner. What happens when that feeling falls on Mothers day, fathers day, memorial day, valentines? Pressure! I would much rather receive the convictions I do every day, than have that one day a year that everything is given to me, done for me. I know someday my boys will have families of their own to celebrate the day with. I would love to hear from them on Mothers day, just like I would love to hear from them any day. But I hope that they don't feel the pressure to meet some expectation. For the record and all the world to see, Boys, you love me perfect every day, mothers day is just another one.

This weekend has been interesting. We had Jace in the emergency room yesterday. It actually wasn't a bad deal this time. The emergency room wasn't crowded like they usually are here in AZ. Jace had another bout with the dreaded mosquito. Some how Jace got a dozen or so bites ending up with another systemic allergic reaction. After a shot of steroid and a perscription antihistimine he was feeling much better. For a day or two there he was looking like a puffer fish. The school nurse even sent him home from school on Friday. Sorry all, I didn't take a picture of him like Dad would have.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

How sad for Jace. I remember when he was little and got a bite in his ankle and his whole foot swelled up. A picture would have been fun to look at, your to nice of a mom.

I have to tell you a funny thing Brock said today about Jace.
Kenzie and Brock were in the kitchen making cookies for me for mothers day (it was just an excuse.) Brock found Jaces graduation announcement picture and he said, "is this my real Dad." I said, "no your real dad is on the couch." Brock then said, "but, I want him to be my real Dad, because he has really cool hair." So you can tell Jace that brock likes his really cool hair.

sorry to use so much space.

Heidi