Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Hot Blooded!


May is here and it look s like we will finally start feeling the heat. Last weekend it was in the low 80's, unusual for this time of year. We took advantage of the great weather and spread 7.6 tons of new landscaping rock, we really needed it after the trenches that were dug to put in the pool heater. It was hard work but looks so nice now. We also finished some of the odds and ends in the house. The plumbing work was a joy, that is for sure.
Friday we had a handyman here doing work on the house. One of the things he was supposed to do was change out the shower/faucet/tub sets in all the bathrooms. We have Delta sets now and some of them were starting to leak or drip. All we were supposed to do was change the handle sets to get a new look. The handyman started on Friday by telling us the model to purchase. I went to three Home Improvment stores to find the right one. After finding it he tried putting it and and it wouldn't work. It wouldn't change to shower. The handyman left with us only having one shower working. All the other hardware was missing.
Jay did some calling around and found a plumbing supply store open on Saturday, and went in to get a new set. He came home with a real nice set, but when he tried to put it on a piece was missing. Luckily the same store was open on Sunday for a few hours. He went back in and picked up the part he didn't have. Got home and it still didn't fit right. Monday he had to work but stopped by on the way home. Got a new part, didn't work again. Finally, this morning Jay got up early and took the old part with him. He got home with the correct part and got one shower fixed this morning. Tonight is a late night though, (more Light Rail testing) so we are still only at 2 showers. But I will take 2 over one any day.
Jaron and I had upset stomachs yesterday but we are feeling much better today. Since I didn't feel well, I was reading a book. Do you ever read a book and realize you don't like it? I do it all the time, start it but just don't like the writing style, or plot. What do you do? Read the last few chapters, or continue reading. It may be because I read mysteries but I can't just put the book down and not finish it. I have to know how it ends. I have learned to start skimming through the book to get to the end. I wish I knew why I can't just read the last few chapters. It is too confusing, I have to see how the characters got where they did. One of my many quirks!

1 comment:

debbie said...

Like you I come across books that I don't like. In fact I just finished one. The story was fine but I didn't like the writing style. I got the book before coming down to your house and kept it in the car. I have to finish it but usually when there is nothing else to read. It takes a long time. By the way just finished one by Linda Howard and really liked it. She is a little explicit in some areas but a good read.