Sunday, May 27, 2007

More on graduation!


Jace had a great graduation, and the high school did an amazing job presenting for 600 plus seniors. It was held in the high school football stadium which forced us to be a little far away but it was still a great experience. And I am proud to say I didn't embarrass Jace too badly by crying my eyes out.
Graduation is an amazing time in a young persons life. You are so at the threshold of life. All you have known for 12 years is school. Now you are ready to embark onto your future. But it takes a plan. Kind of like a map. Those people that create a map, or plan out what they will do are successful. Those that don't can delay on the path to their plan. Both can be successful but with a plan or map, it is so much easier
Jay and I weren't really the type for creating a plan or map. We always said, our careers found us, not the other way around. But we were a few of the lucky ones because we truly like what we do and are good at it.
I asked Jace if it has sunk in yet that he has graduated from high school, that he is an adult, and what he is doing now will create his future. He doesn't feel any different. He doesn't think it has sunk in. I don't know when it sunk in for me. Jay remembers it was the day he walked into the dorm for the first time at college.
As for the future, all I can guarantee to Jace is that plan, map, or none, it will be quite a ride. But I will guarantee another thing, we will always love him and be be proud of him.

No comments: