Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sunburnt!

Whenever I think of a sunburn I always think of my sister Debbie. She has the very fair skin that burns easily and freckles even more. When we decided to move to Arizona I actually started paying attention to the sun and my skin. I didn't want to look leathery so I have never been one who tans much. Even with the pool I don't seem to do too bad with the sun (maybe it is the lower elevation) but I seem to get a good burn once a year.

Last weekend Jay and I took the boat out of storage planning to go to the lake. There was a problem with the gate at the storage facility so by the time we got the boat out it was too late to actually go to the lake. (If we had gone to the lake, I know I would have remembered sunscreen). So we decided to just head home and play in the pool all afternoon. I started out playing but then began to work on the sides of the pool with a maintenance. I never even thought about whether I was in the sun or had sunscreen on. By 3:00 p.m. I knew I was burnt. But it couldn't be that bad.... Just my shoulders were burnt.

That was on Monday, today is Thursday and my shoulders/back/neck are still sore. The heat is gone but I am definiately going to peel. Next time I really need to remember the sunscreen!

No comments: