Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Joys of Parenting!


Anyone who has followed this blog realizes that I have been silent for a long time. Anyone who is familiar with me personally knows that I am not silent very often. However, the last week has been both busy, and stressful. As I write in my blog when I am feeling particularly clever, chipper, or happy I didn't add anything this week. My baby is still sick - my baby who is 18 of course. My baby who is also a senior in high school, and expected to "walk" at commencement exercises on Thursday.
I have been to more doctors with him in the last few weeks than I have his whole life. This child in the one that was always well. He never gets sick. Our last visit to the doctor was very productive. They took him off all medications and we are basically starting over. And the doctors initial thought is, it might be what I suspected (and told the family practicianer) 3 weeks ago. But at least we are getting somewhere. Needless to say though, as parents we are worried.
As I mentioned this week is the end of the 2006-2007 school year. I don't know who is more excited about it, me or the boys. Jaron will start high school next year, and Jace is off to start college June 11, 2007. It is both exciting, and depressing. Realizing this is a necessary step in the journey of life, doesn't make it any easier on a parent! No one warns you how hard these benchmarks are on the parent. You smile for them, cheer with them, and celebrate with them. But Jay and I look at each other and realize the tears will come in time.
This weekend we had big plans around the house but didn't do much at all. We worked in the yard, did some shopping, picked out the stone to use on the front of the house. And watched movies with Jace. Since he is unable to get around too well, we have seen a lot of movies in the last few weeks. I do love the relaxing, stay at home, weekends.


1 comment:

debbie said...

What is wrong with Jace? Is it still the Mosquito bite deal or something else? How long are you guys going to be in town? How are your plants? Did they come back? Good luck to all of you this week. Way to go Jace!!! Hope you feel better