Monday, November 13, 2006

And heres the news!!!!



Its Monday again and in Arizona it looks like we have a brown fog going on. I don't know what the deal is but the smog out my window is ugly. Maybe it has to do with race weekend that just got over. NASCAR was in town Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and on Sunday so were the Cardinals NFL team. Maybe that has something to do with it. I know Jay and I didn't go anywhere near downtown or the west side all weekend. We weren't interested in a 45 minute wait on the freeways.

Jace is on the final countdown to turning 18. We went to church on Sunday and his name is on the ward calendar for his birthday. 18 years old!@! I can't believe it. I look at him and still don't see an 18 year old. But he is making 18 year old decisions. He has waited all year to turn 18 so he could apply for a job at a couple gaming places. They only hire employees 18 year or older. But he works now and the company he works for is accommodating to his schedule. As a Student Council representative he has to be available for the club! So his decision is this.... stay at the job he has because he has seniority and flexibility, or change to the job that he wants where he might not have the same! Sounds like an adult decision to me! Can I cry now?

Sometimes I can't believe how bright Jaron is. He doesn't appear to even be paying attention and just picks up things. He reads all the time and remembers everything he reads. And he is growing up so fast. We got to raid Jace's closet this weekend trying to find Jaron dress pants for church. Jaron put his on and the waist is too tight, and they are about 3 inches too short. He lives in sweats and shorts so I didn't know he was growing so fast.

Jay and I started a diet a few weeks ago. I am determined not to be so heavy and arthritic when I get older that I can't take care of myself. And Jay is doing it with me to be supportive. It sure makes it easier for me. I don't think I would be doing so well if he wasn't. He doesn't need to lose weight, but he will eat what I eat so I have company. I sure love him for that!

No comments: