Friday, November 10, 2006

Holidays

Tomorrow is Veterans day. The kids are of school today to celebrate the holiday. Jay is off today to celebrate the holiday as well. Of course, I am at work! It is an interesting phenomenon what happens to the time it takes to get to work when you don't have to get everyone else off. I was ready for work in under one hour, even though I got up and cooked myself a hot breakfast. I never have a hot breakfast, my kids never have a hot breakfast! We are usually all running around in a frenzy trying to find things, do things, get things... And then we all crash out the door. It was so peaceful this morning. Everyone else was still in bed but me and the dog. It was so quiet, serene, and uncluttered. Amazing! Then to drive into work only took 20 minutes. That is a record. No slow downs, no aggravated drivers, just peaceful contemplation while I drive into work. Why can't every day be a holiday!

As for this holiday, nothing can replace, or reimburse those who fight for freedom. It doesn't matter where they fight, here or abroad. No holiday, parade, party, gift, or twenty-one gun salute evens out the scale. Thank you seems so small a gesture. But Thank you all the same...

No comments: