Sunday, November 19, 2006

And I said I would never do it.....

I said I would never do it, I even made the comment that people who would are nuts! But I did it anyway. When you have a beautiful soon to be 18 year old, who is excited to do something, but you want to protect him, what do you do? You do it with him! :)

As everyone in the world knows, this weekend was a limited release of two new video game systems. Anyone that knows my kids also knows that they love all vidoe games. Jace came home from work Friday night and wanted to run by the local discount store to see if the lines are very long. He drove down the street and talked to a few people in line. There were only about 9 so far and the store had at least 33 machines to sell the next morning. To say he was stoked is an understatement. He comes home and asks if he can take a lawn chair and get in line.

I know we live in Arizona but it is November. Even in Arizona it gets cold at night. It is about 70 when he leaves but soon to be 50. I can't let him go sit in front of a store in the middle of the night alone, even at soon to be 18. So I get my coat and go with him. But I take my coat, and a 6 foot been bag chair.... And my 85 pound dog. :)

I still got cold about 2:00 a.m. I went home grabbed socks, slippers, and a sleeping bag and headed straight back. After a biological break at 5:00 Jaron went back with us to wait out the rest of the morning. That morning at 8:00 a.m. Jace was the proud owner of a new system.

The funny thing was I had a great time. The people in line were having a party, everyone was so excited for the new arrivals. We laughed, we slept, we just hung out but most of all, Jace and I spent time together. Jaron joined us in the morning, just to support his brother. It really was fun. Today all of us are dead tired but it was worth it. That is a memory I will hold for a long time.

No comments: