Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!



Happy Thanksgiving to all.... I can't believe it is Thanksgiving already. The boys are so excited because they get a few days off. We don't have family/friends in town so it is just the 4 of us. I think that is appropriate this year as Jace is a senior. We like to be together, the four of us are definiately a family.

I am Thankful for so much it is hard to put it into words. But in no specific order, here is my list:

1. I am thankful for my husband. He is funny, kind, talented, and handy. But most of all he doesn't think I am hard to live with. Now that really is a trick!

2. I am thankful for my sons. They are just plain great kids. They don't give me problems, they show me they love me every day, and they are interested in being successful. It makes me feel successful that they are. And they like to sleep out with me, exercise with me, and take the dog for a ride with me. (Especially if they can get something for them on the rides.)

3. I am thankful for my country. I am glad we have freedom, courage, strength, and nobleness in the USA. I am thankful for the people that make up this great country, now that is true courage whether you agree with my views or not. I am thankful for every person that serves in the military, in the community, in law enforcement, and emergency work.

4. I am thankful for my religion. Some people don't need to know where they came from, why we are here, and where we are going. But I do. I am thankful for the answers I receive in my beliefs. I am also thankful for the community it gives me.

5. I am thankful for my home. It isn't a 29 million dollar mansion but it is mine and it is comfortable. Jay takes care of it and I feel at home in it.

6. I am thankful for my job. I love where I work, the people I work with and the things that I do all day. I am thankful that it is fulfilling to me but also gives me the leaway to do the job my way.

7. I am thankful for my health. I am thankful for the strength I have and the chance I get to do all the things physically I want to do. I have taken my health for granted for years. Now I take care of myself, and am very thankful that I can do what I do.

8. I am thankful for the seasons and environment. I love the fall colors, the spring flowers, the grass we can grow in the winter and the heat to play in during the summer. I like the variety available all over the world. I am thankful that the environment is self sustaining, and beautiful at the same time.

9. I am thankful for technology. If it wasn't for technology I wouldn't be able to talk to my friends all over the US every single day. I wouldn't be able to talk to my sons, no matter where they are. I wouldn't be able to work remotely, from wherever I am at the moment. And I definiately can't write as fast as I can type. Believe me you don't want to do my job on paper.

10. I am thankful for my friends. I don't know how I became so lucky to have the friends that I do. Through thick and thin, love and pain, they still lead me, guide me, let me lean on them and just plain love me.

11. I am thankful for my family. I have a big family, a complex family, and an entertaining family. We all have our quirks, our needs, and our own personality. I am thankful that through it all we can understand and care for each other. You always go back to family.

No comments: