Monday, January 08, 2007

Fighting fair !

After my last post, one other thought comes to mind.... When do adults learn to fight fair! hee hee hee. I mean, when do we learn to fight at all. Everyone has disagreements, I remember laughing when my grandparents would disagree... My grandfather would say "Wanda"... and my grandmother would say, "Lee you don't know what you are talking about." and that was that. They would go about their business without any fuss. It was like enough was said and in the scheme of things, the disagreement wasn't important anyway. How do you get that way, or does it just take 30 - 40 years of marriage to get there.

I have to admit, to my chagrin, I sulk. It isn't my best attribute and doesn't solve anything. Jay gets talks really quiet, and really controlled. If I can barely hear him, I know I am in trouble. But we still haven't learned to get it all out. We are learning to compromise better though. When we disagree on something we have learned to give a little to get a little. We just have to learn a little more about airing our disagreements without emotion or being mean. But at least neither of us yell.

Someday we will hopefully be like my grandparents.... If not, at least the house will be quiet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.