Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hump day...... gloom!


I could use this zen garden today. I would love to be just hanging out on that rock, contiplating life, with no where to go and nothing to do. Must be hump day.... Wednesday.... the middle of the week.... not the bright fresh beginning, but not the anticpated end either.
It helps that we have clouds outside and a little sprinkle here and there. Not the refreshing downpouring of rain that cleans everything up, but the sprinkling that just collects dust and gets everything dirty. Good thing Jaron didn't wash the windows yet this week. They would just be dirty again and we couldn't get him to do it ever again.
Tonight Jace has his first appointment with USU. Tomorrow Jay and I will be going with him to complete all his applications and such for next year. It is getting closer. He is so excited and to be honest, I am so proud of him. He has senioritis like all kids his age but he is really looking forward to starting on his own and going to college. He is really working hard for his senior year to keep things up the way they need to be. Jay and I were so lucky, we have such great boys.
My sister and I talked last night about having kids.... You always hear the things parents do wrong, and you can feel where your parents could have helped you better, but I hope I have done a good job with mine. I haven't done everything right, and I can tell you exactly where I failed the most. But I love my kids, and I am very proud of them... (as my sister says, anyone reading this blog realizes that.... :) Jay and I have been really lucky because through it all so far our relationship with our kids has grown closer each year. I just hope it always stays that way.

No comments: