Saturday, January 27, 2007

Virtual war, and not so virtual war!

My two sons are avid video gamers. We had a cable repairman over recently who's first comment when looking at the TV screen was "Got enough game systems?" Video games have been around for a long time, I remember them all from Atari home systems, through Ninetendo (Mario Brothers was Jace's first game ever.) to the xbox 360, and Wii. They also have 5 computers at their disposal.... The internet is their friend - except for Jaron, he seems to be a computer virus magnet.

Anyway, right now I am sitting in my office with boys and friends. In front of me on a 52" television they are playing some war game. I can't tell you what it is but I did see a few flags that makes it look like it must be world war II. The boys play with live people online and each other. But of course, the virtual war seems to bleed over to the real world. After a few hours, they appear to be having a mini war of there own. Someone has a bigger screen, more play time, or killed a comrad. To make a long story short, eventually Jay and I end up involved as we hear multiple accounts of why the other isn't playing fair. All in a days war, I guess....

Jaron is the funniest. He can't seem to sit still, jumping a foot in the air as he blows himself up stepping on his own land mines. At least he gets some exercise.

No comments: