Monday, January 08, 2007

Football in Arizona!

Arizona has become the college bowl game capital of the winter. Or at least Phoenix metro has. We have the Insight bowl, the Tostitos Fiesta bowl, and now the Tostitos Championship bowl. I laugh as they report of the traffic, the fans and the hoopla as people get ready for these games.

I work with two avid Buckeye fans. They have been waiting for tonights game for a month. They were so excited today they couldn't even work and one has been wearing Buckeye fanwear for the last two weeks.

Jay and I went to the Fiesta bowl two years ago when the University of Utah Utes were playing. I can understand the excitement, the drama, the fear, and anticipation. That was an amazing game and as Ute fans, we had the time of our life. I can just imagine what all the fans for this years college teams must be feeling.

Jay is always sad when the bowl games are over. He loves football of any type. We watch high school, college, and professional football. None of our boys were ever interested in playing but Jay would watch nonetheless. With the completion of the bowl game tonight College football will be done for another year. So my next few months will go as follows. Jay will whine, mope, and sigh, only to come out of a daze when the NFL play. After the super bowl there will be no consoling him. My poor baby!!!

As for me, I might be able to watch TV on the big screen again..... hee hee hee. I like baseball better anyway.

No comments: