Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Senior Composition

I don't remember much about my senior year.... My dad will tell you that I didn't do much either>>>> :) Truthfully I only had 1 class I had to take to graduate and my parents wanted me to go to college early. I didn't want to so I took 5 hours of art classes, two of which I was the teachers assistant. It was a great year. :) I don't remember having to do a senior composition. (I don't remember taking english that year!)

Jace was working on his senior composition last night. He was having a hard time getting started. It has to be a 700 word essay on an important relationship in his life. He told me he could do it the easy way and write something about his Dad.... He does have a great relationship with Jay and it is one of the most important, but I think to him it was too private! Anyway, he decided it would be more fun to do it on his car. It is more of a challenge to write about a relationship with an object! But then I found out that he wanted to write it about his old car (you know, the one he wrecked!) :(

He only took 1 hour to write 900+ words... I read the rough draft when he was done. I know I am probably biased but that kid can write! I don't know if 900 words is too much to post but if he will let me I will post the results. I read this paper and couldn't believe how sweet he is, how grown up, how intuitive. Why do kids have to grow up so fast!

No comments: